vrijdag 15 maart 2013

Creative with Toddlers


As a creative person, and as a mother, I am always looking for craftsy activities for my toddler.

And that isn't always very easy. 



Toddlers do tend to not have full control of their body movements, nor do they understand how to be creative, in the way that you expect them to be. They make a mess out of everything that they do, which leads to most people not to fond of toddler art projects in the first place.



But I must admit, I love it. I take the mess for granted, and enjoy the happy face of the little girl with the dirty hands. With the correct preparations you can minimalize the damage. That said, I guess there are always several lessons you need to learn.


The easiest art projects for me to do with my daughter, are simply (finger) painting. Although I know this is something which most people are scared away from, I am to believe it is one of the most enjoyable things for toddlers to do.
The texture, the colors, the figures that they can create themselves on the empty sheet in front of them.

My daughter thinks it is awesome! Everytime she sees mommy paint, she wants to do it too. And she is already becoming a real artist. She demands an empty canvas for her to paint on. She doesn't know the names of the colors, so therefore she just points to the paint bottle she wants.
Then when after five minutes the canvas is no longer blank, but filled with a chaotic collection of mixed colors, she holds up the canvas, says it is pretty and demands a new one. Within 30 minutes she can produce at least five paintings.
With that rate, I'm out of my supplies in no time,but it is also starting to get boring very easyily.

So therefore, I'm looking for new art and craftsy projects to undertake with my toddler. 
In the next few weeks I'll be posting the first of my (our) efforts.

For now, I like to share with you, what I believe must be very recognizable for all you mom's out there; toddlers exploring there creativity beyond the limits of their paper sheet...




Coming up every week from now on, Toddler Thursday!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten